Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas Eve

This year we celebrated Christmas with my Dad for lunch on Christmas Eve.  All of my siblings were there as well as my grandfather, aunt and uncle.  We had a nice time together.  Dad prepared a delicious meal. 

This year has been so much fun with Edward.  He understands how to open presents and even says “Merry Christmas.”  It is so precious to watch.  I think he has enjoyed learning about the tree, ornaments and everything else associated with Christmas.  We tried to teach him about Jesus’ birthday, but I think he is too young to understand.  We will have to work on that for next year. 

After lunch we opened gifts.  My dad, who has a Harley, gave Edward a Harley-Davidson tricycle.  Edward LOVES it.  Thomas counted that he has 8 riding toys.  I think we need a separate garage for all of his “vehicles.”  We all got some nice things and enjoyed being together.  Afterwards, we headed back to Auburn.  We were going to attempt the Children’s Service at church, but Edward was exhausted and still asleep.  We spent family time together before our neighbors came over for supper and to exchange gifts.

After our neighbors left, I let Edward and Brooke each open one gift from under the tree.  Every year they get a pair of pajamas to wear on Christmas Eve.  This tradition was started when my mom was a little girl.  We finally got Edward unwound so that he could go to bed and Santa could begin his work.  Thomas and I had a blast this year with Christmas!!

IMG_3204 

Edward and Aunt Jac

IMG_3206

IMG_3207

IMG_3208

IMG_3209

IMG_3211

Trying to help put together the motorcycle 

IMG_3215

Daddy and Uncle Will putting the motorcycle together

IMG_3221

Trying out his new wheels

IMG_3224

Edward and my dad (who still does not have a name!)

IMG_3226

No comments: