Friday, July 10, 2009

15 months and the 4th of July

I'm a little late in posting on Edward being 15 months, but I suppose better late then never! He is growing up so fast. It seems that Edward's vocabulary grows daily! He has now been walking for about 5 1/2 months and is into EVERYTHING!! Yesterday I walked out of the room for a second and when I came back Edward had climbed onto the sofa and was standing on the end table! It is becoming harder to keep up with him. He goes nonstop!! It seems that his vocabulary grows daily! He talks up a storm. For documentation sake, he says: truck, boat, tuck (cup), outside, duck, stuck, Pot (Thomas' dad), Gee or Gigi (my mom), Brooke, book, rain, tree, dog (usually followed by woof woof), light, cheese, hi/hey, bye, keys, rock, Mama, Daddy, ball, talk, shoes, bonk (usually said after hitting his head on something), uh-oh (he says this quite frequently). He can tell you what a truck says as well as a cowboy (yeeeee ahhhhh).
He loves:
  • to run
  • to jump (especially on the bed)!!
  • to dance. As soon as music starts to play, he drops whatever it is he is doing and starts to dance.
  • to climb
  • to irritate his sister (she has gotten good at irritating him, too.)
  • to play outside
  • to swim
  • Mother's Day Out at our church and he adores his teachers
  • to laugh. He is always so happy. Laughing all the time. Don't get me wrong, he certainly has his moments.
  • to give love (always hugging and an occasional open mouth kiss).
  • to wear shoes. I was very hesitant about buying him shoes. He was about 13 months when I finally broke down and got him a pair. Now he has two!! When he gets up in the morning or after a nap he says "Shoes". It's hilarious!

He keeps us constantly entertained. Every day I thank God that I am able to stay home with Edward. It can sometimes be a tiring and trying job, but I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. Thomas works so hard so that I can stay home and I am so grateful for it.

*Please excuse these pictures. I am borrowing a camera until mine is fixed. I am dying without it!!!!! These pictures were taken on the 4th. We had a pretty uneventful day. Brooke was gone so we decided that we would lay low. We took Edward to the pool and then grilled out. It was kind of nice not doing anything big.





2 comments:

Anna said...

oh he looks like such a big boy! so cute!

Michelle said...

He is adorable. I can believe how much he has changed since we moved.