Friday, June 26, 2009

Father's Day, a Broken Camera and a Trip for Two

I have once again been lacking in my blog posts. We are constantly busy. We had a great Father's Day. Thomas celebrated with his dad a few weeks early. He and his two brothers took their dad to a Braves game about two weeks ago. While the men were at the game, the wives and my two kids loaded up for a day of shopping in Birmingham. We had a great day and I think the guys did too! Unforfunately I do not have any pictures. The pictures that were taken are on my father-in-law's camera.

On Father's Day, we went to church as a family. I have an amazing husband who is also a wonderful father. I am so thankful for him. We spent a quiet afternoon together before heading to Montgomery to have Father's Day with my dad and granddad. We had a nice time.
The day before Father's Day, Thomas and I were laying in bed talking and I just happened to get up to two little hands on my camera. I don't know what he did to it but it no longer works. We were a little nervous about what it would cost to repair it. On the following Monday, I called Canon to find out that when my camera was bought, it came with a 1 year warranty. Hallelujah!!!!! I can't wait to get it back!

This past weekend Thomas and I were able to get away for a short trip to Kentucky. We have a good friend who lives there and we had a wedding to attend. It was a short trip but so nice to be without children. It has been over a year since we did anything together without kids! We will definitely not let a year go by for we get away again together!

Since my camera is out of commission, I don't have any recent pics on my computer. However, I will leave you with this picture that was taken while we were gone. Edward indulging in is first piece of watermelon. He loved it!!

No comments: