Saturday, January 2, 2010

21 Months

I haven’t done a recent post on Edward. I also haven’t been very good about updating his baby book so I want to at least have one place where I have documented his milestones. He is 21 months and into EVERYTHING. He is all boy but tends to show a feminine side every now and then. I know he is just exploring and curious. I will touch on the feminine side first by saying that he likes to march around the house in my heels and with a bag on his shoulder. I guess he is trying to imitate mommy.

He talks all the time now. He is constantly saying new words and phrases. He also repeats just about everything we say. He still loves any type of vehicle. His new thing now is lining up his cars and trucks to race. Once he gets them into position, he says, “on your mark, get set, go, go, go” and gives them all a good shove. It’s amazing to me how they learn. I don’t know if he has gotten the racing idea from watching the movie Cars, but I know I didn’t teach him how to line them up! He now loves to climb onto the changing table. One day he was being quiet and I walked into his room and he was sitting on top of it. I guess we are going to have to secure it to the wall!

Before Christmas, we attempted trying out a “big boy” bed. He would sleep in it, but not great. We finally decided that he just wasn’t ready and reverted back to the crib. We have a few more months to work on the new bed. He is still a pretty good eater. We still struggle with him not wanting to drink milk. The only time he wants it is at bedtime.

He is still a very loving, affectionate little boy. He loves to kiss and hug. He has started saying “num you” for “I love you.” He doesn’t say it all the time, but when he does, it melts my heart! He loves Brooke very much and gets so upset when she leaves. He loves his grandparents and gets so excited when he sees them.

He also still loves to play outside. He got a wagon for Christmas and we have enjoyed a few walks with it. He loves, loves, loves our neighbors, Tyler, Haley and Kelsey. He thinks he is big stuff getting to play with them.

IMG_3185

IMG_3188

and yes, I found him there!

1 comment:

Lollli said...

Katie,
Thanks for posting your comment on my blog- good to know who is following it and I am glad you can keep up with my kids that way. Next time one of them is visiting her, I'll have to call you and your kids to come over to play.
How exciting you are having a baby girl this year too!
Lolli