Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Emily Kate’s Baptism

On October 17, Emily Kate was baptized at our church.  It was a beautiful service.  Some of our family was able to attend and we missed the ones that couldn’t.  I planned a very casual lunch at our house for after the service.  My sweet friend, Haley of Simply Charming Cakes, made the adorable Cross cookies that I served.

IMG_4420

IMG_4421

IMG_4422 

IMG_4427 

IMG_4431

My precious nephew, William

IMG_4433

EK and Gee

IMG_4438

Edward and Pop Pop

IMG_4440 

IMG_4443

My mom collaborated with a friend and together they created the Christening gown.  The gown first began as the graduation dress worn by both of my sisters.  Mom used some of it to create the gown.  It was first worn by my nephew, William, a few months ago.    I am so glad that we have this gown to pass down to all the children.  My sister-in-law, Jacqueline, surprised me with a garment bag for the gown.  On the bag, she had the name of the child baptized as well as the date of the baptism.  I am so excited and this will be such a special keepsake.

IMG_4449 

IMG_4452 

 IMG_4462 

IMG_4464 

IMG_4466  

IMG_4470 

IMG_4472 

We enjoyed visiting with everyone and appreciate everyone that shared in this special day.

No comments: