Monday, April 6, 2009

Edward's 1st Birthday

On Saturday, March 28 we celebrated Edward's 1st birthday with family and a few close friends. The morning started off with nasty weather but calmed down in time for everyone to arrive. I think Edward enjoyed himself. He is such a little ham! He didn't love the cake and he wouldn't sit still for presents, but he was worn out by the time everyone left.
I decided to go with a rubber ducky theme. I ordered the invitations and then attempted to make the cakes myself. I think I did a pretty good job!
Unfortunately I did not get any pictures with grandparents and great-grandparents. I was too busy trying to capture Edward and his special day!
**These pictures are NOT in order. I can't ever figure out how to get them how I want them!
Edward and his sweet friend Parker

loving his new guitar

he loved all the fun beach toys he got


While singing "Happy Birthday," Edward grabbed the lit candle

After everyone left, we let him dig into the cake without an audience

This is the result we got after mashed his hand in the icing. He HATED it on his hands!


Edward's cake

cupcakes for everyone else



1 comment:

Anna said...

too cute! you did a great job on the cake and cupcakes! love his cute outfit and love the pictures with dianna!!!