Monday, March 1, 2010

So Sweet

Since my pregnancy brain has caused me to lose things and forget them, I have two things I want to blog about in an attempt to remember them later so that I can record them in Edward’s book.

First, we always try to say a blessing before our meals.  I guess Edward has really been paying close attention because if we sit down and eat in a rush, he always reminds us to say the blessing.  For the last two weeks or so, when we sit down, Edward folds his hands together, bows his head and says “blessing”.   It is too cute for words.  In the mornings if I sit down with him he reminds me to say the blessing and if Thomas sits down with him a few minutes later, then he wants to say it again with his daddy.  Sometimes we ask him if he wants to say it and he will nod, bow his head and whisper something.  It’s precious!

Second, we have been talking to Edward about baby sister.  We will ask him “Where is Emmy Kate (this is what he calls her) and he will say her name and point to my stomach.”  If we tell him to kiss Emmy Kate, he will kiss my stomach.  We have started telling him that the crib in his room will be Emmy Kate’s in a few months.  Edward goes to a Children’s Day Out program at our church four days a week.  Over the last couple of days, I have had two teachers tell me that he will go get a baby doll and feed it a bottle.  When he’s done with the bottle, he will turn the baby over and put it on his shoulder and pat it’s  back.  They also say that he will tell the children around him to “shhhh” because the baby is asleep.  This blew me away when one person told me and I almost couldn’t believe it when I heard it again today.  He’s been around babies (our niece and my best friend has a 6 month old), but I just don’t know where he learns that behavior.  I hope this is a small indication of how he will be when Emily Kate is born.  I’ve seen him around other babies at church and he is so gentle and sweet.  He loves on them, rubs their face and pats them when they cry. I guess we will see very soon!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Edward prompting the prayer is so precious. He's going to be a great big brother!