Wednesday, March 25, 2009

On March 25, 2008....

....I started my day as I normally would have. I had a check up with my OB that morning. Thomas and I got up and headed to Opelika for my appointment. By this point, I was growing anxious about meeting my little bundle of joy as well as growing increasingly uncomfortable. I was called back to have my vitals checked. My blood pressure was a little high and that got me a little concerned because throughout my entire pregnancy, my BP was perfect. They took me to a room as I waited on the doctor. That day, I ended up seeing my doctor's partner. I asked her what day she was going to make this baby come and she told me that if he didn't come that week that they would induce the following week (March 31 to be exact). I asked her what about my elevated BP and she said that it concerned her a bit and that she would have someone come back in and check. Once she left the room, I cried. My regular doctor had already told us that she would consider inducing the week of the 24th if he had not already come. I was so discouraged. Much to my surprise (and after my brief crying spell), when my BP was checked again, it was still elevated and they feared I had pregnancy induced hypertension. The doctor came back in and told us it was our lucky day. We were headed to the hospital. We were instructed to grab a good lunch because it would be the last meal until after delivery. After lunch we were to head to the hospital.

Thomas and I rushed home while frantically calling friends and family to inform them of what was going on. I packed a quick bag and we headed to lunch. We had a nice lunch together at Olive Garden and then headed to EAMC to be admitted.

It was the longest afternoon ever. Once we filled out all the admission papers, that put me in a delivery room. At about 6:30 I was given Cervidil to help me get ready for labor. It was a LONG night. (To be continued!)

No comments: