Monday, August 25, 2008

Edward's Baptism


Sunday Edward was baptized. Edward received God's gift of grace and we promised as parents and as a church to raise him to live a faith-filled life. I pray that we can fulfill our promise to the the best of our ability and to raise Edward in a loving, Christ-filled home just as we were brought up. Edward is so precious to us and a true blessing.

Edward had the honor of wearing a very special christening gown. It is 104 years old and was first worn by his great, great grandmother, Margaret Pyne. Margaret was my Mimi's (the late Emily Hughes) mother. She first wore the gown in 1904. Since then, it was worn by my grandmother and her brother, all my aunts and uncles, my father and my cousins. What a wonderful tradition!

It was a wonderful day and we were able to celebrate with most of our family. We thank all of our family for traveling to Auburn to be a part of this very special day. Also, thanks to Lauren, my dear sweet friend and neighbor for all the effort she put into helping me get lunch ready for all of our relatives. I would not have been able to make it through the day without her!




1 comment:

David and Ruth Givens said...

That's such a neat tradition! The gown is beautiful.